Happy healty Halloween Everyone!
I remember as a kid looking forward to trick-or-treat. Dressing up was fun and scrambling through town collecting as much candy as possible. I also remember getting home, sorting through my bag for all the “good stuff” and eating way too much sugar. In fact sometimes I felt sick. Oh those are good memories!
This Halloween I know better and I’m changing things up a bit for a few reasons:
1) I’m older now and don’t scramble through towns,
2) I didn’t plan on a costume this year so I’ll probably stay home,
3) I know better than to eat all that sugar
Here are a few tips for you too still enjoy Halloween but make it a bit healthier:
- Fill up on healthy foods early in the day (I’m drinking my protein shakes, plenty of water, whatever I can to get full on healthy nutrient rich foods before I uncontrollably reach for the candy)
- Don’t deprive yourself. My teacher and IIN School founder Joshua Rosenthal had 1 rule called the 90/10 rule. Eat 90% healthy and forget the rest. I like that rule!
- Eat good chocolates – Cocoa is one of the superfoods so go ahead and eat, it’s nutritious! However, make sure it’s 75% more cocoa.
- Have fun! Watch scary movies, have a costume party, carve pumpkins – keep busy so you don’t go crazy eating a lot of sugar!
With just a few easy to follow changes you can have a Happy Healthy Halloween too!
If you would like more information on health and wellness check out my business at Xtreme-Measures.com